Are you a team player? Do you have a desire to understand complex problems and develop solutions? Do you thrive when challenged? If you answered ‘yes’ we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an energetic, bright, and technically savvy person to join our team as a IT / Technical Support. You will be surrounded by like-minded people that love technology and have expertise in different aspects of the computing industry such as network infrastructure, client support management, report development, and data conversions.
We are a small software company looking for team players that want to grow with us and be part of our team. When we aren’t busy trying to solve complex problems you will find us discussing video games, movies and playing foosball. We strongly believe in a life/work balance and getting the best out of the workday.
This would be a great opportunity for the right candidate to be exposed to a new career in the Information Technology field.
Our office is dog-friendly, and as such has shedding dogs of various sizes in the office most of the time.
- Resolve end-user Osnium product issues, such as password reset, software questions, configurations, and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Software installations and managing upgrades
- Setting up and maintaining internal server infrastructure, phone systems, etc.
- Performing data conversions and report development
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to other departments.
- Prioritize help desk tickets according to severity.
- Monitor and assist in keeping internal software working.
- Use help desk log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Project Management
- Other duties as assigned.
- A college or university degree, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of direct work experience in a technical support capacity.
- SQL Server, Windows Server, and Active Directory experience.
- Experience with SQL databases and script development.
- Understanding of Firewalls/Routers.
- The chosen candidate must provide a clear vulnerable sector background check.
- Ability to quickly analyze issues and determine the best course of action using available resources.
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
- Detail-oriented – When applying for this job, add “Life is too short to be boring” to the subject line of your application email
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Team player able to work under pressure.
Nice to have
- Experience with DevExpress.
- Programming Experience (C#)
- Knowledge of ticket management software tools.
- Work remotely – temporarily due to COVID-19
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Osnium Software welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Should you need accommodation at any time during the application process please call 888-676-4861.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Those missing the appropriate subject line will not be considered so read this posting carefully.